I am a total mommy’s girl, and since she is a teacher and they are out for the summer, we get to hang out a lot more! Today, we did a thing and baked a Baby Ruth® Chocolate Fudge Cake and it was a hit! She did most of the baking, but I was there to encourage her and measure out the ingredients haha.
Baby Ruth has a new and improved recipe and is definitely approved by Madison! It’s dry roasted peanuts, rich caramel, and smooth nougat is impeccable and perfect for baking! Liv even had a little bit too! Check out the recipe below to get started on baking your very own Baby Ruth Chocolate Fudge Cake!
· 7 tablespoons of salted butter
· 4 oz of dark chocolate chips
· 1 ¼ cups of white sugar
· ¼ cup of oil
· 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
· 2 eggs (room temperature)
· ¼ cup of cocoa powder
· 1 cup of flour
· 1 teaspoon of baking powder
· 1 cup of boiling hot water
· 10-12 Baby Ruth® Fun Size bars
· Preheat oven to 300 F. Grease a 9-inch springform cake pan and line with baking paper.
· Melt butter and chocolate. Place butter, chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Microwave 3 x 30 seconds on high, mix in between, until melted.
· Add oil, vanilla and sugar. Mix to combine.
· Mix in Eggs.
· Sift cocoa, baking powder and flour directly into the bowl. Mix until smooth! Batter will be thin, some lumps are ok.
· Add hot water.
· Pour into cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer is inserted into the center and comes out moist but clean. Check at 50 minutes!
· Wait for the cake to cool, then add on fudge, additional chocolate chips, and Baby Ruth® Fun Size Bars to the top of the cake!
Simple enough, right? I think it’s time for you to get started on your very own Baby Ruth chocolate cake creation. You can order Baby Ruth Fun Size bars on Walmart Pick Up and Delivery. What better way to spend your summer than baking for your loved ones, because after all – the key to everyone is their stomach! Bon appetit!